True Story

"There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them" Vicki Baum

Saturday 27 October 2012

I need a locksmith .....

Apparently the stereotype of academics being incapable of practical life skills has some foundation as on Monday morning it took me 20 minutes to open the front door at work and in the end I only managed it with the help of some nice man who took pity on me (damsel in distress much!). This incompatibility between me and locks continued into the evening and street styles at Dance Station .... although the second round was a lot more fun. 

I am referring to the fact that on Monday night we had the fabulous PJ in to get us in a funky mood, with an hour of locking. What an eventful hour it was! Working on the muscle man, the Scoo B Doo and dropping into jazz splits - it's really a wonder that any of us could walk the next morning. And what's more is that the splits part relied rather heavily on having a partner support you on your way down - I have decided that this is a sure fire way to find out who your real friends are! 

In the end though we were banging out a pretty fabulously funky combination and were all feeling pretty cool ............. and then she made us go double time! Oh well we'd be bored if there were no challenges right? Just remember if you were bruised the next day it was not because we were doing anything overtly dangerous but rather you were doing it WRONG - now there's a politically-correctly-stated disclaimer if I ever heard one. DanceStation law services will be available very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment